How to Promote your Business for Free using
How many of you know how important Word-of-Mouth Marketing is? How you make your customers feel, their customer satisfaction – or lack of it – spreads to family, friends, and other potential customers that may be considering your product or service. I have gained many new customers based on positive customer referrals. Customers that enjoyed my transportation service communicated that to their family and friends and recommended my company.
Word-of-Mouth Marketing is an unpaid form of promotion in which satisfied customers tell other people how much they like a business, product or service. It can be used as a tactic to generate natural discussions about and recommendations for a product or company. Getting people to talk about your brand positively is the goal!
Some Word-of-Mouth marketing tactics you can implement in your marketing strategy can include:
- Showing your current customers how much you appreciate them with a small gift that fits your brand or product.
- Developing an interesting story about your company or products, why it was started, why you believe in what you do – something that others will want to share.
- Creating shareable content that is useful or funny or controversial, that people will want to share.
- Making your content easy to share with share buttons on your website.
- Creating incentives for your customers to share information or special deals with their friends.
- Giving new customers who have been referred a small token of appreciation.
- Schedule special events for your customers and invite them to bring a friend.
La Shawn, Small Business Warrior
How to Promote your Business for Free using Word-of-Mouth Marketing